1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Done shovlin' boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BufalinoLand, Nov 23, 2005.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Yepp, Just made the deal today

2005 Chevy 3500 new

4x4

8foot dump box, Rugby from Zoresco

5 on the floor

white with gray body

$30,200 out the door

I called 30 dealers, no one really wanted to move on price, this was the best I could do. what do you think

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

That price sounds good. I take it's brand new?

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Excellent choice. I have a question, does that tranny have a low low gear like the old chevys had?

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a nice truck..good luck with it. I still have nightmares about emptying leaves out of a pick-up with a pitchfork :waving:

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I'll assume that is a standard cab? I would like to see some pics, if you have any.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on the new truck. I hope to be done shoveling next season :)

7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the gvw and how many tons is the pump on the dump?

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Where are the pics???

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Hey thats good to hear :cool:

So it is a Rugby box just sold under a different name which is also good to hear.

You should be good for about 4000lbs with that set up so about 2 yards of 3/4 road base. You will have to see how it handles with a load you may have order some Timbrens for the rear so when you start hauling 8000lbs of gravel the azz won't be dragging on the ground :laugh:

The truck should have plenty braking power I assume the new Chevys run 4wheel disk brakes like the rest of the crowd.

Probably want to up grade the tires right away to something better I don't know if Chevy is still using those LT225/75R16s which are too frigging small up grade them to LT235/85R16 something that will actually pack some weight.

Good Luck you know the first dent in the sheet metal hurts the rest of them just add character :D

10. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Im pickin her up on friday, then binge drinking till deer season is over. Ill fire some picks in a couple weeks.

thanks for all the help