Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You show up to mow and the irrigation is running.
You run out of gas and you’re at the farthest point in the yard from the gas can.
You run out of trimmer line and you’re at the farthest point in the yard from the truck.
You step in dog poop just before lunch.
You say to yourself “that newspaper is not in my way” when WHOMP, the mower gets it.
You try to get that last blade of grass at the base of that plant with the trimmer when you take the plant with it.
You get the Z stuck in a muddy ditch.
You start to get in your truck to leave and the customer comes out to talk.
You notice the customer watching you out the window.
You try to get as close as you can to a piece of paper and the mower sucks it up and shreds it everywhere.
Your new helper splatters wet grass on the customer’s car with the mower.
You get to the first job and you forgot the blower.
You mow over a nest of ground bees.
You drive off and forget to put the tailgates up. “What’s that horrible noise?”
You’re trimming a shrub and find a snake.
Your spreader tips over on a hill and dumps the whole load burning the grass.
You mow over a nest of baby rabbits.
You mow over an irrigation head that didn’t retract.
You’re walking along trimming looking down and you bang your head on a limb.
You let the customer’s dog out of the back yard.
You catch a glance of orange in the rearview mirror and then realize it’s your wheelbarrow falling off.
Your tailgates fall off when you’re loading the Z.
You’re hauling a load of mulch and the guy in the car next to you asks you if you mulch.
You accidentally hit dog poop with the trimmer and it splatters on you.
The customer comes out to do yard work just as you show up to mow.
Your mower throws a rock that shatters a large plate glass window.

These are some of the crazy things have happened in the sixteen years I’ve been in business.
Everyone feel free to add your experiences to the list.

·
Registered
959 Posts
When you are mowing right next to a tree and a bull snake swoops down and hisses inches from your face.
When you just finished putting your mowers away and you find out you missed the part of the lawn by the road.
When you are hunched over mowing under branches and the mower handle hits you in the face.
When the homeowner put seed down in large bare spots that are scattered throughout the lawn, and you have to mow around them.
When cars are parked in front of the house you are mowing and you have to park a few houses over.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
running out of trimmer line on the last job of a long day and you only need the trimmer for another minuter or two and discharging babbie bunny guts all over the front lawn while the neighbors are watching sucks

·
Registered
788 Posts
very good. i have had most of them happen to us. not all so i am lucky. and i am in VA also, are you ready for the rain on Saturday? trying to get every one done before it gets here.

·
Registered
788 Posts
We need the rain but not the wind that might be coming with it.
true. i bet the tree guys are looking for wind. storm=$. anyway good luck.

·
Registered
10,982 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
and i am in VA also, are you ready for the rain on Saturday? trying to get every one done before it gets here.
way to hijack the thread....lol jk

Anyways these are great...I just woke up my 3 week old son trying to laugh quietly. Its crazy how the vast majority of these things listed have happend to me.

Great thread.

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
When the yard is full of kid's toys and golf balls

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
When the girl next door is sunbathing topless and she pretends to be sleeping so maybe you won't notice her. I love this job.

·
Registered
50 Posts
new customer says "it's a little growed up". You get there and need a bush hog.
new customer says about 1/2 of an acre. You get there and it's MUCH larger.

Guess that's why you never quote a price over the phone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When those left over burritos your wife packed in your lunch bag are working your lower gut over looking to make a hasty exit.:cry:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.