• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Door hangers and COVID

preciselawnky

LawnSite Member
Ok so I always put out door hangers in the spring for spraying late feb and middle of March but someone was telling me now with COVID I’m not aloud it was a customer who mentioned it but I’m just curious before I reorder them if anyone knows if there’s any truth behind that I’m in Kentucky
I did a quick google search and didn’t see anything about it I’m wondering if any other states shut down door hangers I assume not but who knows

DMT29

LawnSite Senior Member
Wouldn't put anything past our beautiful governor, but haven't heard of anything like that in NY.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
Here in Ohio my church put out 700 door hangers yesterday with no push back.

hedgehog_MI

LawnSite Bronze Member
Here in Ohio my church put out 700 door hangers yesterday with no push back.
Why is your church doing that? I have never heard of a church doing that. Well…except for Jehovah's Witnesses leaving their booklets, but that was MANY years ago.

OakNut

LawnSite Platinum Member
What would covid have to do with it?
You can't be serious.

Have you not seen the people around you wearing masks and gloves for the better part of a year now?

You may not think covid spreads by touching things and I may think that the risk of transmission is minuscule at best, but there are tons of people living in fear - brainwashed by the television - who see it through a whole other lens.
They think it's literally the same as killing people.

I don't do flyers or door hangers, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to distribute them, BUT I would play along, and wear blue nitrile gloves (at least - or a mask too if you really want to make it look good) while doing it so all the Nacys can see just how "safe" you are being.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Bronze Member
You can't be serious.

Have you not seen the people around you wearing masks and gloves for the better part of a year now?

You may not think covid spreads by touching things and I may think that the risk of transmission is minuscule at best, but there are tons of people living in fear - brainwashed by the television - who see it through a whole other lens.
They think it's literally the same as killing people.

I don't do flyers or door hangers, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to distribute them, BUT I would play along, and wear blue nitrile gloves (at least - or a mask too if you really want to make it look good) while doing it so all the Nacys can see just how "safe" you are being.
Yeah I see people being over the top at times. But do people refuse the mail in their mailbox? A door hanger is no different.

OakNut

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yeah I see people being over the top at times. But do people refuse the mail in their mailbox? A door hanger is no different.
The point isn't that door hangers are "no different" - the point is that people's perceptions are different.
The people living in fear of covid enjoy safety - even when it's just the illusion of safety.

As a business owner, sometimes you have to adjust to accommodate your customers, or potential customers.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
Why is your church doing that? I have never heard of a church doing that. Well…except for Jehovah's Witnesses leaving their booklets, but that was MANY years ago.
They do it a few times a year for special events. VBS, Easter things like that. Sometimes it’s just to keep people aware that there’s a church nearby.