Door Hangers How effective?

flyingdutch16

LawnSite Senior Member
Now let me start off by saying thay ive looked around and used the search button, but still cannot find a clear answer to my question.

So here it is, how effective are door hangers? I mean who checks their door these days? Iknow I go in through the garage and wont open my door for days! Maybe fliers are a better idea, but then how do you get them to your customer? I have all ready been flagged down by the USPS so i cant put it in peoples mailbox's. So what do yall do to get your advertisement out?

Hope to hear some good responses!

umsco226

LawnSite Member
I've had mixed success with door hangers. I think that in larger cities, people have found them to be a nuisance, and I receive maybe a 1% call rate. In smaller towns (at least in my area) I have had great success, and gotten probably closer to 5% or 6% call rate.

AMBoss

LawnSite Member
FLY:
In order to get the fliers into the mailbox, you will have to go to the post office and get a bulk mailing permit for the zip code(s) you want to target.

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
ON one here can answer this Question, " maybe this is why you cant find the info "

hire an advertisement firm in your area, they have this informantion...

OP
flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16

LawnSite Senior Member
ON one here can answer this Question, " maybe this is why you cant find the info "

hire an advertisement firm in your area, they have this informantion...
okay ill try that, also tomorrow im putting fliers in simple gallon baggies with a couple small rocks in it and just put them on peoples driveway thats how most of the landscapers around town seem to do it.

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
okay ill try that, also tomorrow im putting fliers in simple gallon baggies with a couple small rocks in it and just put them on peoples driveway thats how most of the landscapers around town seem to do it.
Are you serious?

ptjackson

LawnSite Member
honestly if someone did that it would offend me. I get wanting to market your service but it feels like "litter" to me.

OP
flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16

LawnSite Senior Member
Personally, the rock in the bag routine is not one of the better ideas I have heard of and I would advise against that!
Its the only solution for me right now. I just did 50 homes which for me is a lot since im so small, but I still have to put my add in the paper since that is one of the requirements after getting a fictitious name. And with that I proud to say that I'm only 17 years old and am finally running an official business :)