Door to door aeration

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by WarriorLandscaping, Sep 18, 2018.

1. WarriorLandscaping

WarriorLandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male

Hey guys,

I have 3 aerators and 3 employees.

We aerated this Spring with pretty decent success. Did maybe 10 - 20 homes per Saturday for a month.

How do you feel about door to door aeration?

Will you strategically select certain neighborhoods in your town? Weekends only?

We are itching to start, but this will be my first fall door to door attack plan. I have my guys leave a flyer if nobody answers.

I chose every Saturday from this coming Saturday to November 1st to go door to door with the team, I'm hoping for solid results.

2. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Member

Are you paying the guys regular rates for a full day? With door to door, do they spend more of time canvasing than actually aerating? I'm just curious how your factoring your expenses vs. what you're hoping to pull in revenue wise for the day.

We still use flyers and we're happy with the results. We just havent tried mixing the door to door with doing the work on the spot.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

WarriorLandscaping likes this.
  3. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

In the past if I had a little free time and I was cutting in a neighbourhood that I thought would be equitable I would knock on a 10-15 doors. I usually ended up getting 2 or 3 jobs from it that would just pay cash. If I had more time I’m sure I could make awesome money at it. But our regular customers keep us busy enough that we don’t usually have time.

4. SouthallMowing

SouthallMowing LawnSite Member

Grab a wheelbarrow for the cash you're about to make if you go door to door. Most people are afraid to, but if you know how to sell aeration to a skeptic, you'll make a couple thousand a day with a single person if you have an stand-on aerator. I make a three day weekend out of it. Door to door for most of it. I emailed my lawn clients and they all went for it as well.

Just don't be shy and get out there. Most importantly, be confident!

5. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

With these aerations are yall offering seeding as well? I've been balls to the wall this year on aerations but everyone I've done wants seeding. Just curious