1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Double Blades Possible on 21" mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Aug 19, 2003.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried to put double blades on a 21" toro proline or a commercial lawnboy? If so, how did it turn out?

2. jonw9

jonw9 LawnSite Member

I don't know, but I think I saw something about that on the Meg-Mo site, and that would be like double blades. Just a thought.

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard of folks doing this but personally have not figured out how to do it on my Toro proline 21's. I believe someone said the way they did it was to use a Lawnboy blade for the bottom.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

They are now manufacturing 21's with doubles for mulching.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have already saw some 21's with doubles from the manufactor

6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Who? what manufacturers?

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I saw them in a brochure about a month ago. Give me some time and let me think where I saw them......

8. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I have put doubles on my proline one high lift notched and the original, but made to much luft and bogged I might try two origanil blades and see what happens

9. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

I dit it on me 22 inch Craftsman. Cuts great! so much lift though, that bagging, it blows the easy open bag open! Don't think I have cranked the 22 since I bought the 36 eXmark..
    Norm

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

if you do it with a lawnboy you have to put the factory lawnboy blade on the bottom, i use a gator for the top or a universal mulcher, as long as the top blade is flat around the mounting bolts, you'll be fine