Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was wondering how you guys deal with the blow out while running doubles.im using high lifts and gators.when im done mowing a lawn im covered in grass.my feet are covered in 6 inches of grass and leaves.im using this setup on my new lazer z 27 hp.i thought about making a rubber flap in front of the deck like my fathers JD lawn tractor has which is used with the mulching kit.any info would be great.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have the same prob on 36" metro hp so just put on stock mulch blades, it doesn't give the cut I want but I think with the mulch kit and the rubber anti blow baffle the leaves will just get pushed instead of going under the deck. If you figure this one out let us know I think a lot of people have this same problem.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't think they make one for the new decks.no holes in the deck to bolt it to

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay just found out that they don't make a baffle for the new decks.that sucks - - -!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2003 model decks for the lazer Z

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have no clue john.the deck is deeper than my 2000 lazer but thats about it

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dam those exmark mowers.they should just make it with double blades right from the factory

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i don't mind you pushing your product but unless you have some input on the problem i thick you shouldn't post.not that your product isn't good but your starting to sound like that flex deck nut ball.tone it down a bit bud

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
I don't remember how far the blowout goes out in front of the deck, as I haven't ran doubles since Spring, but I DO know exactly where you're coming from with the amount of debris that ends up on the footdeck. How about THIS idea? What about a sort of flap that would hang over the front of the mower up by the footrest - sort of like a flap on the top of a snowplow? It could stick out about as far as the fronts of the wheelcasters. Just a thought.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i thought about doing that to runner.

see now you got my head thinking.but where would i get a piece of rubber to do that??

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Anything.... an old piece of mudflap, an old doormat runner (the long kind), or Tender Loving Tractor (T.S.C.) sells those mats that you cout cut a few pieces from. What about if you went to like a carpet store, or somewhere that sells that carpet runner stuff by the foot? That would be cheap! Home depot MIGHT have that stuff....

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just dealt with that prob on my DC 2 nights ago. I took an old plastic runner I had in the garage and cut a couple strips off, doubled it over and bolted it on about three inches lower than the deck. No blowout whatsoever.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i got a part # from exmark for the baffle.i guess it will work then???

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have the baffle on my Lazer Z HP 52" works good....... worth the $$ especially with leaves..........
When you get it, you'll think "This little thing cant possibly work as well as everyone says"......

less than 1/2 hour later, you'll know it does!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.