1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Doubles on shortcut 1500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cajuncutter, Nov 6, 2001.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this is the Hustler forum however got no response. Has anyone tried setting up doubles on these machines yet? If so how and how does it work? I would like to set it up if it works for leaf season.

2. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

I ran doubles yesterday for the first time on my Shortcut with my 60" s.d. deck. Couldn't tell if it did any better because I haven't ran this deck very much. The majority of my time is with the 48" uppercut. I don't see much need in running doubles with the uppercut, I would just increase my # of blower blades. The way I set the doubles up was by installing the upper blade in the saddle like normal. When you install the lower blade there is a gap between the upper and lower due to the upper blade being recessed slightly. I found a piece of scrap tin to put between to take up the slack (I'll find a better shim but for experimenting it worked fine). I ran for about five hours with no problems.