• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

doubles

smokehouse

LawnSite Member
I am thinking about running doubles on my mower. Is there a certain way they need to be mounted such as using locktite on the blades? Or can I just criss cross them and run them?

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by smokehouse
I am thinking about running doubles on my mower. Is there a certain way they need to be mounted such as using locktite on the blades? Or can I just criss cross them and run them?
Hay Mike!!
What mower are you using? I have exmarks and all i do is IMPACT them on.
John

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by smokehouse
im running a bad boy liquid cool 27 horsepower kawisaki with 60 inch deck
Get meg-mo blades for a bad boy, Ask roy he will tell you.
John

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by keegan99usa
How much blade is there with meg mo's? If you have a 16 1/2" blade normally, how long is each meg mo blade?
The disk measures the same as your blade. There is just four cutting heads.
John

primecutmo

LawnSite Member
the meg-mo blade cost around $200 let me know if you buy them. i have the same mower as you and i have gator blades right now but am intersted in the meg-mo blades. i just dont want to shell out 200 clams for something that i dont know will make a big difference over the gator blades.

keegan99usa

LawnSite Member
Obviously, the disc cannot be the same 16 1/2", cause by the time you put on the blades, you will have no deck left. Not to be a wiseguy or anything, but what is the disc size? Maybe 12" with a 4 1/2" blade? 10" with 6 1/2" blades?
Is it just me?