1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Down Sizing Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GCMow, Feb 29, 2004.

1. GCMow

GCMow LawnSite Member

Just checking to see if anyone else has ever down sized mower
    size. We had 2- 52" Z and a 62" Z and found that the 62" was just to big for the properties we have. Most of lawns are 2 acres or less tightly landscaped. Our equipment list now is 1 Toro 52"Z, 2 Exmark 52" Lazer HP, and 17/48 Hustler Hydro Walkbehind.

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I havent. But I see some guys trying to use way to big of mowers on some lawns. I seen a guy last year spend ten minutes trying to get a 52 in. Z over a curb to do a piece of grass 20 ft by 40 ft. He could of pushed mowed it in 5 minutes.

3. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

I downsized, I bought a Husky 6126 zero turn, and it was way to big for the places I needed to go. I went to a Walker with a 48" deck, the best move I could have made!

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

36", 48" and at biggest 52" not bigger or smaller than these, as lawns getting smaller or staying current size. I found that 36" in combination with 48" or 52" are the best for every occasion.

5. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 42" ZTR that does great on smaller or tight properties. A mix of large and small equipment can increase productivity.