1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

down to two super z 28efi or tt29dfi

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by str400ex, Mar 5, 2007.

1. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

I am going back and forth on both these the super z is at the dealer I normaly deal with and I like the tt is a dealer I have not dealt with he has told me that he puts his comercial cutters first I need some help on making the choice I want the mower to last atleast 4to 5 years at 300hrs a year give me the reason to pick either one thanks for the replys it is really stressing me out I just want to make the right choice. the price is about the same 9700 for either one thanks Shawn Reardon

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Turf Tiger gets my vote this time. Liquid cooled fuel injected Kaw would be hard to beat. Both machines are tough. Scag will have a better resale.

3. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

Did you ever get your super Z to cut up to your expectations,I did demo both last fall and liked the way the super Z felt I just couldnt tell much about the cut and I wont have a chance to demo I will be needing a machine before the grass starts to take off anyone else demo both give opinons please thanks Shawn

4. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

anyone else have any suggestions all advice appreciated thanks Shawn

5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I Run all Scag ( 4 ) and i feel you cant go wrong with mower ,Mine are in the shop very very little andhave very little downtime through out the season Scag introduced a new deck last year thats supposed to be the cats a$$ less baffelling and better discharge . Scag is built very tough and heavy and some say its over kill , but i for one would rather have it this way ,I have a buddy who runs a Hustler super z and he's happy with it but bet he be happier if he ran one of my Scags lol " SCAG...." SIMPLY THE BEST"

6. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

does any one have the new deck on the scag is it cutting good for you thanks Shawn

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I've read nothing but good reviews on the new Scag velocity deck in the past year or so and I read this forum a lot. So thumbs up on the Scag deck.

8. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

I just have read to many bad things on the xr7 I guess I will be going with the scag although my dealer of choice has the hustlers and hoppers thanks for the replys Shawn Reardon