1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

DR ConVerta Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RON66106, Jan 11, 2002.

1. RON66106

RON66106 LawnSite Member
    from kcks

Has anyone ever tried a DR ConVerta Mower? It seems like a good idea to me but not sure about the reliability! also the Kohler engine is'nt my choise of engines! Any thoughts?

2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the mower only (DR46). It is not commercial quality. It has a plastic deck. Not bad for a homeowner unit, but I'm going to try to sell it this season and get a good quality used walk behind.

3. plymouthvaliant73

plymouthvaliant73 LawnSite Member

4. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

The DR converta mower is actually made by Rich Manufacturing and is called the Rich Convertable. It's a unique concept being able to switch from a ztr to a walk-behind. This isn't the same unit that was listed above. It has a heavy steel deck and is considered commercial quality. I've used one for several hours and it seems to be a well built machine. The cut quality is good and the controls are less tiresome to use. Hope this helps.

mowingmachine

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Plastic Deck? Wow Thats Not Nice!

6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

The plastic deck mower is an attachment for the DR brush mower, and it isn't designed for commercial use.

7. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't read the post close enough.

I have no experience with the converta mower.

8. plymouthvaliant73

plymouthvaliant73 LawnSite Member

9. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

question?
    If it's the size of a ZRT, how can it be benifical to use as a w/b. Seems kinda dumb to me.

10. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

I seen one the other day. It looked neat, The only problem I seen is when you change it to a W/B. Its way to long. My 2 cents ..... :D