Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone trie using a pressure washer and pipe to set a piece of drain pipe under a driveway. Such as starting your hole and then start your drain pipe 4' and using your pressure washer hose with a drain cleaning nozzle to wash the dirt away through the pipe. I've heard of this somewhere and just trying to confirm if it will work or not. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
458 Posts
It will work pretty good until you hit rock. There is a machine you can rent that will do horizontal boring. (I forget what they call it) but basically it looks like a lawn mower that you attach steel pipes to and a bit and it drills through the soil. I rented one for about $60 one time. We went about 6 ft under a sidewalk and the machine was about 25 ft away to get the bit horizontal so get as many pipes as you can.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
We do it all the time for irrigation. We use steel pipe for the surround, though, while jetting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.