1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dress up time

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Squizzy246B, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

The client wanted a limestone wall around the big ugly electricity box in his front yard. Wasn't too interested in discussing the design "just build a wall". Now he has seen it hes all excited and wants to discuss making it a feature, dressing it etc. So how would you guys go about doing something with this wall?

150905 003a.jpg

150905 005a.jpg

150905 006a.jpg

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I would mortar stone veneer to it and cap the tops w/ slate or patterned flag.

chris

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Is that a electrical transformer in there?

I hope he doesn't mind having you rebuild it if the power company ever needs to service it.

Over here, they will bring a mini X out, and tear anything out of the way without a 2nd thought.

4. Squizzy246B

cgland - He's sold on caps to the corner piers.

jonHolland - The transformer is open to the road and wall is the regulation distance away from it.

Thanks

5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Can you rip up some of the patio or whatever is around it and soften it with some plantings?

6. Squizzy246B

Nope, already tried that. I think he's going to go with the regulation baskets nailed to the wall and Geraniums...ughh!

cglands on the right track I reckon.