• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Drip irrigation

Vermeer

Inactive
A little information for anyone who is installing drip irrigation.

Jon

Attachments

OP
V

Vermeer

Inactive
Dirty Water said:
Interesting, Is this something that can be layed using a plow with a wire blade?
Jon,

The drip pipe can be installed with a vibratory plow with a wire blade however you need to watch the bend radius of the pipe and make sure it is installed at the correct depth. I will post a pic of an LM-42 set up with a drip installation system to give you an idea of what the set up looks like. Is drip pipe installed where you are at?

Jon

OP
V

Vermeer

Inactive
Here are the pics of the LM-42 with the attachment and reel/pipe carrier.

Jon

drip1.JPG

drip2.JPG

drip3.JPG

Dirty Water

LawnSite Fanatic
Interesting.

Nobody in my area does subsurface drip for turf, though they do it for landscape, usually laying it in before the topsoil and mulch.

We have a setup on our Ditchwitch 410sx that allows us to feed wire or poly off a reel and into the ground, but the triple blade attachment is pretty clever.

Your brand is in the running for next time we demo a plow, While we are happy with our 410 I'd like to demo a LM42.

OP
V

Vermeer

Inactive
Jon,

When you need a demo let me know I can help set it up with the dealer closest to you for a true comparision.... By the way nice to see someone who spells there name the right way.

Jon

Critical Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
I can echo what Jon up in Washington state said. Though I've read literature and information on subsurface drip irrigation for turf, I've never seen anyone do it in this area. Apparently you can adjust the spacing between the three blades on that LM-42, but in this rocky and sandy soil up here that distance might have to be so close as not to make the whole idea feasible.

OP
V

Vermeer

Inactive
Critical Care,

I asked Netafim where dripperline would not be advantageous. Their response was that there are 3 places where drip and dripperline may not be the best solution...super rocky/shaly soils where digging could be a bear (but on-surface dripperline is often a better solution than sprinklers in this case for the same reason), areas where granular fertilizers are washed in by irrigation and areas along the ocean where a sprinkler washing off the salt spray on a leaf's petals is desired.

I have attached a link to information they provide regarding spacing and soil conditions.

http://www.netafim-usa-landscape.com/Landscape/p-dripperline-Techline-CV-17mm-technical.php#1

Jon