1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Drip tube protection

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by scottt, Aug 14, 2006.

1. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I am installing a couple of micro sprays in a brick mailbox with small beds built in. I have to run the micro's off the lawn zone, they don't want to run a new zone for about three square feet of irrigation. I'm going to add a head to the existing lawn zone & use an rb 1800 drip conversion. The head is going to be installed in the lawn because the mailbox is solid concrete underneath. My question is, how can I protect the drip tubes from weedeater damage since they are coming out of the lawn & up the back of the mailbox? If anyone has any other ideas on how I could set this up, I'd be glad to hear that also. Thanks.

2. HooKooDooKu

HooKooDooKu LawnSite Member

What about protecting the drip line in the area weedwackers are likely to play by encasing the tubing in copper (or other) metal pipe?

3. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

This may or may not be feasible in your situation, but we spray roundup anywhere that the mower can't get to.. trees/around buildings/some bedlines/mailboxes, etc. .. an idea anyway. If not, what about 1/2 inch pvc to string the tube through, then paint it to match the mailbox.