"Driven Landscapes"

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by Love the Green Biz, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Senior Member

Good point.

2. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like they are cheaper to get into and take less commission but what do you really get for that $25,000 and 7%? I'm sure they must offer something but you will find that out I guess.

What makes you want to lean towards going the franchise route or are you just curious?

JLSLLC likes this.
  3. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not interested in going the route-I'm doing preliminary research for a webinar (which I hope can be interesting enough-if not then I won't be presenting it). So far no one has been upfront with what you get for your money. A lot of vagueness.

$25,000 is the lowest number to date but skimming 7% off the gross will affect the bottom line radically. Weed Man is a pesticide franchise and they have good reviews from their franchisees but are not received well by our industry's members due to strong arm tactics in securing clients for services-very aggressive. I've heard tell that their take is 5-6% but no up front number yet on cost. 5-6% is doable when your gross margins are in the 40s. 7% is a killer when your margins are in the 10-20% range.