Driveway damage

OP
M

Mitty87

LawnSite Silver Member
Couple bags of patch..hand ramp.. lol..but it would probably work however ?
I already have a $7 bag of patch, the homeowner asked if I would use it on the dent from the empty trailer stand, so I'm sure it will do just as good of a job patching this other section as the asphalt contractors did. Apparently they are going to come seal coat it still, so it won't be too noticeable. I still think the driveway base is going to completely crumble and fall apart within 3 years of regular traffic.

Mowing monkey.

LawnSite Bronze Member
It looks like the base was too dry. You can’t compact a pile of dust. Even if the base was good 1/2 of asphalt isn’t good enough. I don’t see any solution besides rip the whole thing up and start over.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Good luck. If I was the owner, you would be putting in a new driveway for me.

I’m aware it’s likely not your fault, and pour asphalt job. But good luck on the customer.

Now you know for next time to have a clause in your contracts about access and equipment on driveways.

OP
M

Mitty87

LawnSite Silver Member

I’m aware it’s likely not your fault, and pour asphalt job. But good luck on the customer.

Now you know for next time to have a clause in your contracts about access and equipment on driveways.
You would make a contractor who drove on the poorly done driveway make you pay for a whole new driveway done properly?

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic

What to go after the contractor and NOT go after the original company that did a poor job on the driveway?

If you were the homeowner and it's clearly shown the driveway was done as cheaply as possible, you wouldn't get a nickel from us. You pay for a trash driveway don't be surprised when it looks like garbage :confused:

Mowing monkey.

LawnSite Bronze Member

What to after the contractor and NOT go after the original company that did a poor job on the driveway?

If you were the homeowner and it's clearly shown the driveway was done as cheaply as possible, you wouldn't get a nickel from us. You pay for a trash driveway don't be surprised when it looks like garbage :confused:
Agreed. If I was feeling nice I’d patch the busted area. There’s no way I’d be paying to remove that trash job and have it re done. It’s not like the load was even that heavy. Driving a 74,000 pound tri axel dump across it would be a different set of problems.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Agreed. If I was feeling nice I’d patch the busted area. There’s no way I’d be paying to remove that trash job and have it re done. It’s not like the load was even that heavy. Driving a 74,000 pound tri axel dump across it would be a different set of problems.[/QUOTE

Where the problem will be, is that it will cost just as much to replace the driveway as it would to litigate in a court room. Sorry, crap driveway or not, the clients cars where able to drive on it without causing damage. The dump trailer caused damage, and that’s the simple end of it.