dropping my biweekly cuts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jake the grass guy, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

This is one of the reasons why i have felt about this position on bi-weekly accounts.. barring the bad and having to "weed" them out (pun intended). 60 good bi-weekly accounts should bring in more revenue per week than 30 weekly accounts.

i understand the reasoning behind bi-weekly may be "harder" on the equipment, but doesn't this also depend greatly on region and type of grass that is growing in the account's yard?

sjessen likes this.
  2. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

If a property is bi-weekly and grows way too fast I tell them they need to move to weekly. People who initially want bi-weekly I charge them 40% more per cut than weekly even though it only takes 5% longer. My days with several bi-weekly accounts bring the man hour rate up for the day.

3. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

I just had to "explain" this to a "real estate" office receptionist, to her, the rate should be same.. whether it was cut once a week.. every other week or once a month.. after i explained it to her.. she finally got it!

sjessen likes this.
  4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

It depends on what STREET you're on.

To read the posts here, you'd think that I'm the only person on this forum who has any variation in lawns - are everyone else's lawns REALLY all identical in size, terrain, and grass type?

For me, generally speaking, any lawns in the city can be mowed biweekly with no extra work - the grass there just doesn't grow - mostly because of the amount of mature trees.

Move out into the suburbs, and it's almost 100% "NO" to mowing biweekly because the grass typically grows faster - and the lawns are 4-5 x larger - and they don't pay all that much more because the people with money either live IN the city, or WAY outside the city - the area just outside the city is filled with working people who can''t afford to pay a lot.
    The people IN the city are more willing to pay - unless you're in the hood.

Doc8406 likes this.
  5. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

i guess it is going to be harder here then.. fore i neither live in a city or a burb.. it is the town or flat out in the country..