Lawn Care Forum banner
121 - 141 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
24,992 Posts
It started to dry up, so I gathered my stuff and was ready to head out when my wife said, you may as well wait for the next round.
Sure enough, it's pouring again with a flood watch issued. :D :D :D
Those kind of days are really hard to actually do anything because you can't tel what's going top happen in 15 minutes. We had a LOT of thunder and lightning about 4-5 nights ago, and about 15-20 minutes of very light rain. Just enough to get the pavement wet, but not enough to even get wet under any vehicles. That's about all the rain we've had here in my area for many weeks now.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
I'm scrapping my plans for any mowing today.
The wife wanted me to take her someplace on Saturday, but with this rain delay, I'll probably be catching up on Saturday.
May as well go do what she wanted to do today, while it's raining.

Sure feels good to not be able to work due to rain.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
The wife wanted me to take her someplace on Saturday, but with this rain delay, I'll probably be catching up on Saturday.

AAAHHHHHH!!!
I DIDN'T REALIZE HOBBY LOBBY WAS ON HER LIST!
Do you have any idea big this place is???

sigh.

Oooh! Look! Googly eyes!
Maybe get some for my mowers!
Product Textile Rectangle Font Material property

·
Registered
13,045 Posts

When you haven't had a good Rainer in a while, getting rained out for a half day or full day is pleasurable thing.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Sup guys! We smoked here in philly! Like yalzers! Reminds me of 2016
Raining now, though light and it is supposed to be off and on till morning. We got a heavy rain Tuesday night but only lasted about thirty minutes. Tall Fescue is still growing well here, I see the wider green leaves surrounded by dormant brown grasses.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Woo-hoo!
Just going to be a short downpour as it moves through, but I'll take it.
Plant Building Window Property Sky

Water Cloud Sky Liquid Windscreen wiper

Bad stuff was headed our way yesterday, but as usual, it broke up and/or went below us. There was a tornado about an hour south of Pittsburgh.
The worst snow and rain typically passes above and below Pittsburgh. Must be the geography.

·
Registered
24,992 Posts
We might get a little rain tomorrow night and early into Thurs, but if it doesn't materialize once again, I am done for the week. Just too dry here. No rain to speak of for almost two months other than a couple times that lasted anywhere from 15 seconds (yesterday, and timed it) to 15 minutes of light rain a week and a half ago.

·
Premium Member
54,652 Posts
Woo-hoo!
Just going to be a short downpour as it moves through, but I'll take it.
View attachment 518438
View attachment 518439

Bad stuff was headed our way yesterday, but as usual, it broke up and/or went below us. There was a tornado about an hour south of Pittsburgh.
The worst snow and rain typically passes above and below Pittsburgh. Must be the geography.
Bin in Switzerland for about a month now. Definitely don't miss those hot sauna like Pittsburgh summer days

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
I texted a customer to ask if it had rained at their place since the next 2 I was headed to was near where that rain (above) came through.
"Nope. Just dark."

Altered my route and got the grass cut and about 3/4 through trimming, it opened up on me.
Mower is sitting on the street. Rain should slow/pass shortly.
I think my day is shot now.
Plant Sky Car Window Motor vehicle

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: Bumpmaster

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
After about a month no rain and 100 temps we’ve finally got a good couple days of rain. Supposedly Thurs and Fri this week we are getting more. The lawns I kept rounds on (virtually all). popped like they were on steroids and are already green and thickening up,

·
Super Moderator
45,047 Posts
After about a month no rain and 100 temps we’ve finally got a good couple days of rain. Supposedly Thurs and Fri this week we are getting more. The lawns I kept rounds on (virtually all). popped like they were on steroids and are already green and thickening up,
Do you service all of Memphis?

May have told you before but we have family in Collierville. Nice town.

121 - 141 of 153 Posts