Lawn Care Forum banner
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
I’ve got about 20 in collierville. I service almost all of Memphis there are a few areas I’ve deemed not safe for me to roll into and a few areas that are just too dang far away but I’m all over the place in greater Memphis… including Cordova, Bartlett, germantown, hickory hill, and what people here call midtown, and even a couple “downtown” where I’m literally looking up at the pyramid bass pro shop. My spray route isn’t tight like my lawn crew for the most part has but I’m still building the app side. I try to do collierville all on the same day. What messes me up some is my mosquito sprays are every 3 weeks but I’m not complaining.

Reactions: sjessen

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
I’ve seen Dallas grass starting to explode on new lawns we just picked up this year. Not there then we get rain and badda boom dallis 2 ft tall. We will gly that out in the fall.

·
Super Moderator
45,047 Posts
I’ve got about 20 in collierville. I service almost all of Memphis there are a few areas I’ve deemed not safe for me to roll into and a few areas that are just too dang far away but I’m all over the place in greater Memphis… including Cordova, Bartlett, germantown, hickory hill, and what people here call midtown, and even a couple “downtown” where I’m literally looking up at the pyramid bass pro shop. My spray route isn’t tight like my lawn crew for the most part has but I’m still building the app side. I try to do collierville all on the same day. What messes me up some is my mosquito sprays are every 3 weeks but I’m not complaining.
Wishing you continued growth and success.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
It’s been a hard ride in transitioning over but I think I’m getting there little by little. I stopped worrying about the fast pace of growth but rather just focused on continued solid pace growth and let the chips fall where they may. Thanks for the props.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We got about an inch yesterday and 4.5" today...I realize a LOT of runoff, but things are already getting greener!! Last weekend was the first shutout I've had in several years...I only have a route I run on Saturday and/or Sunday. I'm lucky that this is simply stress relief for me, but I feel for the folks who derive their full income from this. I'm looking at a new Stihl 881 saw with a 36" and 41" bar, so this put me a week behind on my toy money...😕

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Went from practically 2 months of no rain to rain nearly every day now...

Crap. That's the direction I'm headed next...
Cloud Sky Plant Building Grass

Annnnnddd... it started before I even went that way...
Plant Window Building Grass Automotive mirror

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
We got about an inch yesterday and 4.5" today...I realize a LOT of runoff, but things are already getting greener!! Last weekend was the first shutout I've had in several years...I only have a route I run on Saturday and/or Sunday. I'm lucky that this is simply stress relief for me, but I feel for the folks who derive their full income from this. I'm looking at a new Stihl 881 saw with a 36" and 41" bar, so this put me a week behind on my toy money...😕
Sky Plant Tree People in nature Smile

Starky with my 881 41" bar. Heavy but lotta power.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Still trying to get caught up, but what a crazy day.

At the last stop this is the sky I see...
Cloud Sky Daytime Car Plant

Then when I turn around I see black skies.

On my way to next cuts - where the black sky is!
Cloud Sky Plant Daytime Infrastructure

Scew it. I'm going home. Too much thunder and I saw a bolt of lightning.

·
Super Moderator
45,047 Posts
Still trying to get caught up, but what a crazy day.

At the last stop this is the sky I see...
View attachment 518725

Then when I turn around I see black skies.

On my way to next cuts - where the black sky is!
View attachment 518726

Scew it. I'm going home. Too much thunder and I saw a bolt of lightning.
Grass looks nice and green again.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Grass looks nice and green again.
Yup. Growing like crazy again.

This is a Monday cut that I couldn't get to until Wednesday this week.
I had to raise the deck to the next to the highest setting.
It was like 98° and I wasn't screwing around with bagging...
(the bag is on the mower in case I needed it, but the mulch plug is in)
Lawn mower Walk-behind mower Plant Mower Automotive tire

Three weeks ago, this lawn was mostly brown. LAST Monday was the first I had cut it in 3-4 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
45,047 Posts
Yup. Growing like crazy again.

This is a Monday cut that I couldn't get to until Wednesday this week.
I had to raise the deck to the next to the highest setting.
It was like 98° and I wasn't screwing around with bagging...
(the bag is on the mower in case I needed it, but the mulch plug is in)
View attachment 518732

Three weeks ago, this lawn was mostly brown. LAST Monday was the first I had cut it in 3-4 weeks.
Grass looks great!! We were in the same situation about 3-4 weeks ago.

Have read that some guys will bag with the side chute open so that he bag takes longer to fill and there aren't as many clippings on the lawn. Have not tried it myself but it sounds promising.

Am a member of a Timemaster FB group. One user put a home made PowerChute on it. Really cool idea.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts