1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Drought

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Grass Busters Inc., Jun 21, 2005.

1. Grass Busters Inc.

Grass Busters Inc. LawnSite Member

Howdy,

Any one ells in Sever need of rain :cry: It is hot, might get to 100 on Friday (Hot for Chicago) And there is no sign of rain. I will be shouting down the Lawn Maintenance team by over 50%, sure hope there is a lot of brick work coming in to keep us going :p I not worried :nono:

Good luck,
    - Eric

drought.jpg

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

man, i tell you, we need some rain!
    my lawns still stripe ok, but they are BROWN STRIPES!!!

I've been doing a rain dance for over a week now. I'll have to try something else.

3. Grass Busters Inc.

Grass Busters Inc. LawnSite Member

Spelling corrections; :p

Sever = Severe

Shouting = shutting

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Yep same thing here. Here is a thread which I started but after taking another look today I might just not mow anything this week and go straight to every two weeks.Other than the ones that get water they will stay at once a week.
    http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=110929

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Just west of here about 100 miles, they are calling for 1-2" of rain tonight. But here its only 20% chance of less than a .10 of a inch. They are comparing this summer to the summer of '88. I sure hope not cause that was the driest summer I have ever seen.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Worse summer I can remember was '99...some lawns went for a month or more withour mowing. That sucked!

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Seems this dry spell is pretty wide spread. :angry:

8. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I work the southern Will/Kankakee counties and its getting brutal here... Skipped my first residential yards last week, see how this week go...

9. ITRY

ITRY LawnSite Member
    from KY

We are hurting for rain here also.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Kind of strange. When we are in a drought, you midwesterners are getting flooded. Now you in a drought and we are getting flooded. Kinda evens out in the long run.
    Couple of weeks ago we have 7 inches of rain in 2 days. Yesterday we had around 3 inches or more. We are getting big ol thunderboomers with high winds and cloud to ground lightening.
    Been perfect so far for grass cutting--knock on wood! But I am sure things will swing back your way soon. They always do.