Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I had a pretty bad day yesterday, and need to vent. First off, I myself probably have too many accounts as it is, and can't find a really good helper, so of course when I have a rain day or have the truck in the shop, I tend to fall behind on some of my yards. I always have a good chat with the customer about this and that, and all is fine and dandy. Well the other day around 9-9:15 on Saturday morning, I show up to cut this guys grass that's about 5 days over due, he comes out to talk to me, and he is Sh!t face drunk :dizzy: he pays me for 3 accounts that I mow, so i had to just grin it off....anyways......anyone else had a experience like this with a angry drunk at 9am while you are working?? LOL!!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Can't say I have encountered one that drunk yet. More accounts than you can handle? Dang, Jacksonville ain't that far, and looking better and better, if I can just learn to drive in all that traffic without winding up on Main Street!:laugh:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I had a next door neighbor come out that was either high or drunk. Couldn't hardly talk. Lawn was about 2 feet tall, but real thin and straggly. Asked how much to mow it, I tell him. I tell him I'll take care of it next week...

I, of course, didn't bother - and the guy apparently has no recollection of our conversation at all...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hair Of The Dog!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Maybe you should have stopped and had a drink with him and then see how straight your stripes were. Never seen a drunk customer that early in the morning. I have had some customers come out with a beer in hand late in the day, but never at 9 am.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I have a lawn that's next to a retired guy who sits outside and drinks allllll day! I did some work for him two times on different occasions in between we got mad at each other. Anyway now he just waves and makes sure I don't blow grass on his truck or driveway. I'm getting ready to drop that lawn. The guy doesn't want to pay me for what it's worth eithert. And then the other side there's some grass that belongs to the neighbors that I know their grandson so they make me cut all their grass on that side and trimm and everything! And when I don't do it perfect or just do some of it the grandpa gets really pissed. So it's gotta go. It's a few houses down from where I live.

·
Registered
392 Posts
when one is drunk it is hard to tell another drunk from one self

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.