• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Dry Gloves

PurpHaze

LawnSite Fanatic
Same question as for the boots thread. We use lightweight brown Jersey gloves. Good feel when handling pipe and parts, protect hands, repel glue but primer will bleed through if not careful. :cool2:

jerryrwm

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm with you on this one Jon. Gloves get in the way for me. Use them when running the equipment as it takes away some of the effects of engine vibration, but I wanna get that dirt under my nails and that cement and primer in the cuts!

LOL

Jerry

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
On a cold morning, the gloves help my fingers from getting stiff. I kept them on all day yesterday, but had to shuck them to install nozzles on the heads.

OP
PurpHaze

PurpHaze

LawnSite Fanatic
Wet_Boots said:
On a cold morning, the gloves help my fingers from getting stiff. I kept them on all day yesterday, but had to shuck them to install nozzles on the heads.
We buy these in large quantities also. I'm always getting hit up by the grounds guys for a pair to put on before they put on their regular work gloves to help them stay warm. :dizzy:

OP
PurpHaze

PurpHaze

LawnSite Fanatic
jerryrwm said:
I'm with you on this one Jon. Gloves get in the way for me. Use them when running the equipment as it takes away some of the effects of engine vibration, but I wanna get that dirt under my nails and that cement and primer in the cuts!

LOL

Jerry
But I have a second job as a male hand model. LOL:cool2:

Critical Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
My hands are purple. They’re always purple, except for those times that they’re too dirty to see anything else.

Actually, I found that neoprene gloves would keep my hands comfortable when working in wet stuff. It makes sense since wetsuits are made out of this stuff, ya know. However, since I haven’t used these while doing irrigation work, I don’t know how well the neoprene would hold up under a primer test, and it obviously isn’t going to be as tough as some other materials.