1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Inserts

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BVLAWNCARE, Nov 22, 2004.

1. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if anyone knows rather or not you could put a Truck Craft TC-100 Dump Insert on a 2005 Dakota? Or how about a 2003 Dodge Dakota?

Thanks

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You wont be able to load much in it, the truck cant take it. After the weight of the dump you may have like 5-800lbs before you are maxed out. Not the best idea or use of money IMO. For me, i would have a 3/4 ton to have a dump insert.

If it will fit, I cant tell you.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

TruckCraft doesn't make one to fit mid sized pick ups. They do make a shorter one for full size trucks with 6' beds. But not for midsize trucks.

4. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

I also would be worried about the amount of weight that you could put in it once you ahd the dumper in it. Even a 1/2 ton truck would be pretty weighed down with a dump bed. I have been thinking about this my self. I have a 2001 dodge 1500 2wd. Thought about putting one in it. After many thoughts about this I have decided to wait untill I get a F-350

5. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

I think I am going to sell my 87 one ton dump truck and buy a insert to put in my F-250,which one would you recommend?

6. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Well, regardless, my dakota is beefier than most other dakotas with a 4000 pound towing capacity. But you guys are most likely right. Thanks for the reply I guess I have to wait until I get my 2005 Ram 3500. :)

7. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Razor, If I were you, I would keep the dump truck for those jobs where the truck might get scratched or messed up or things like that. However, myself, I don't have the option of having a 1987 dump truck. In my case, when I buy my new truck, I will be putting the insert in it because I need it to be dual function. Not sure if all of that helped you, but there you have it.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Kinda depends on how much you want to spend. The cheaper steel model is around $2200 installed most places (this is for an EZ-Dumper, not sure of Truckcrafts prices).

Or you can get an aluminum model from Truckcraft which is quite a bit more $. But it won't rust, and it weighs less, so you have more hauling capacity. I'm just not sure of the prices on them.

There are a couple other places that make them too, but EZ-Dump and Truckcraft seem to be the most popular and seem to have the best reputation.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Razor, I thought you already have a dump insert in the F250????

10. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

No, not yet. What made you think I did?