Dump sites

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Paradise Landscapes, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I am lucky enough to have a huge embankment big enough to hold all my accounts worth of organic crap. Can't even notice 75 cu. yards of chopped leaves, best part is, it all rots down to nothing by the next year and sometimes get some dirt outta there with a bobcat.

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I mow for a cemetery, out back we have a large pit i dump their for free. Around here we have the town of amherst compost facility the only problem is that they charge like $10 a yard for grass and leaves $15 a yard for brush

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We dump at landscape supplier BZAK yard waste will cost you depending on how much. Leaves are FREE You could try Evans too. Hope that helps

4. King Shannon

King Shannon LawnSite Member

I usually take my debris to the Hardin Co. Landfill. Jefferson co. is high and there are no landfills in Bullit co. You can usually find plenty of places for rock and soil type debris.... just keep an eye open for the signs. Another option may be where you buy plants. I have used Maple Crossings Nursery's dumpster before and sometimes Bill Lose.