1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Trailer, Dump angle not enough.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Jul 12, 2007.

1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Ok. Bought a 05 Tripple crown dump trailer. It only dumps about 40 degrees. And if your uphill. HA !!!

The dump cylinder is 3.5 with a stroke of 24" I either need a cylinder that has a longer stroke, and keeps same length so it will bolt in. IE double acting cylinder.

Any ideas here besides rewelding it so I can put on 30 inch stroke cylinders and making all new mounts. Which I dont want to have to do.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You have one problem if the trailer isn't a deck over because the tail of the trailer will ground out and lift the wheels off the ground.

Does this trailer have a scissor hoist or direct push ?

You other option is a front mount post hoist you have lots of lift height and power.

Any dump trailer I seen has the same problem you have you end up with a long stretched out pile because you have no dump angle. To get the material out you need to pull ahead.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Those low profile dump trailers are a pita, they ground out and cause you to make a LONG pile and the single hoist ones can't lift anything of real weight!!

4. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

The weight isnt the issue its the angle. It will dump 5 tons. Its the wet gravel and topsoil that wont come out.

5. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Does it have an adjustable coupler?

6. Yard Solutions

Yard Solutions LawnSite Member

Buy a good heavy duty set of ramps for the rear tires on the truck, it should get you another 6-10 inches of height at the tongue of the trailer.