Dump trailer with flat deck on front

EverythingOutdoors

LawnSite Member
I'm looking for a bumper pull trailer with a side-load flat deck on front and a dump bed on back.

Anyone know of a company that makes it.

I found a place in Nebraska, but was looking for something I could get a little closer to home.

Link to DK Trailers

OP
E

EverythingOutdoors

LawnSite Member
Was looking for a bumper pull, but could also do a goose.

Post up a picture.

I tried to PM you, but looks like my account doesn't allow it yet.

OP
E

EverythingOutdoors

LawnSite Member
Shoot me an email with price to:

z e i t (at) wamego.net

tyslawnservice

LawnSite Member
The bumper pull trailer in the link is going to have fish tailing problems if the dump has much weight in it unless something equally as heavy is on the front of the trailer. Most of the gooseneck trailers on the link are easily going to over load the twin 7K axles is you fill up even half the dump beds.

The tandem dually looks stout but the tailgate is goofy looking. I can't believe they mounted the lights where they did on the back of the dump. You might as well smash them now. I don't think I would buy anything from that company.

You've got me curious now. What do you want a tiny dump bed coupled with a deck for?

OP
E

EverythingOutdoors

LawnSite Member
Good thoughts on the fish tail. I had thought about that, just not too hard.

Main reason for wanting this is my wife runs the day to day operations by herself. She does spring and fall cleanups. Normally she uses an enclosed trailer because she can keep mower and everything out of the weather because we don't have a shop to pull into.

Enclosed trailer and a truck bed don't work so well for cleanups due to limited amount of hauling, even with sideboards on the truck. Also, it is so far up into the truck bed; hard to load heavy tarps. Hand unloading is a pain.

I thought the custom dump trailer would be best of all, zero turn across the front, debris in the dump bed (extended sides) and still have the truck bed available for tools or plants for install. Best thing is the low height to get into the dump bed. I like the rear dump instead of side dump, so you don't have to run over your pile when dumping.

Thought about just buying a one ton dump truck and using the enclosed. Still have the bed height issue and cost of another vehicle to maintain. But could also use it for hardscape projects and hauling rock mulch.

Thought about a dumper insert for current truck. Still have height issue, but could also mount it to normal flatbed trailer. And no additional vehicle maintenance.

Thow a truck loader into the mix and that gives more possible options :confused:

Throw out some thoughts if anyone's got them....

Forget fighting with cumbersome tarps. We use the Husky 3 mil bags. We put two slip knots in the bags to make dumping and reusing the bags easy. We can empty out 120+ bags per man hour.

We used to store the bags at my yard and then load them in my gooseneck trailer when it was time for a dump run. Now I have a 20' dump trailer so just empty the bags right into the trailer.

I charge per bag for disposal so this packaging system work great. The bags are expensive but we reuse them at least 4-5 times. I charge $3.95 per bag for disposal. People relate to bags easily so nobody ever question the fee's for disposal. You can put big stuff in your truck and bag everything else.

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
I really like that concept. Put a load of soil in the dump & mini skid on the front flat deck. Would definitly want dual tandem axles or triple 7k# axles.
Posted via Mobile Device