1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Truck Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by longislandlawn, Apr 7, 2013.

1. longislandlawn

longislandlawn LawnSite Member

I use a dodge ram 1500 now for my company, I am thinking about getting a dump truck for cleanups. Someone I talked to said that insurance on one could be 500 a month here in NY. Does this sound high?

2. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

My dad is an insurance agent and does mine. There a bunch of factors to setting a price. Age driving record value of truck. If you get a vin number off the truck you can get a quote usually pretty quick. Also depends on the truck I E 350 is gonna be less than 450 and so on.

3. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

Sounds very high

4. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

Make it easy and call your insurance agent to get a quote. You will get a lot more accurate answer.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Fanatic

What. G.V.W are you thinking of operating :waving:

6. goel

goel LawnSite Member

up here in my part of the great white north my drw dumps are cheaper than my pick ups. I guess that there is less chance of you being a knob in a dumpy than in a pick up.

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

4 trucks commercial insurance I have full coverage 1 million on each truck. A 2012 and 2011 Ram 4500 1998 Ram 1500 and a 1989 GMC 3500 I pay under 5000 a year for all 4.