1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dump truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Jpeg lawn maintenance, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

cool because i am contemplating a dump truck or a pickup with a dump bed dont know what dto do yet. what year is the 550?

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Wonder how much insurance costs on a 1 ton dump

And registration

Just something to keep in mind

3. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Thanks for input never thought about that. I jus thinking about it now not making any quick decisions.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

why do you need such abig truck to pull a 6x12 single axle??

5. Jpeg lawn maintenance

I want to upgrade trailers next year possibly and also mulch and grass clippings lots of things i can use it for.

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I have a Chevy 3500HD. (1995) 2 wheel drive, and it gets about 5 to 6 mpg. 454 gasser... I'd recommend it to no one. No power and I don't think I could pour gas on the ground as fast as it burns it to go nowhere fast.

Get a Diesel.

7. Jpeg lawn maintenance

lol thanks for the input the 454 is a a big gas hog i know that. hard to touch diesel for under 15 tho.

8. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

Its an '05. I love it, really makes my life so easy countless times throughout the year

9. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Ya that is probably out of my price range as of now. But i am still decideing on what to do. Thats why i wanted few opinions.