1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dumpster Rental Costs

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by bmyownboss2005, Jun 27, 2008.

1. bmyownboss2005

bmyownboss2005 LawnSite Member
    from Saxe VA

Does anyone know approx. how much it cost to rent a dumpster? I know it varies from location but if you have a ball parkish idea for one. I hope I am not posting this in the wrong section. If so I apologies in advance.

2. JB1

JB1 LawnSite Fanatic

I usually call one of the local ones and ask.

3. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Roll-offs?

Used to rent a lot of them short-term. Call around a lot. One company will rent a 30 CYD for $350 including pick-up, etc. Then somebody like Waste Management wants $850 for the same dumpster and wants to charge you by weight to dump it too. Call all the local guys and ask.

Regular dumpster with weekly service or whatever I dunno. Stay as local as possible.

4. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

for a 30 yard dumpster its varied from $350-800+.

The best way to figure it out is to call at least three vendors in your area.

Most will leave a 30yd at a site for $150 then charge you the dump fee, which by weight can add up quick.

Some companies are set up with mulch vendors and will take your organic debris for a set amount ie $350.

If you are thinking smaller scale, WM left us an 8yd which has a tues and thurs service. if it is overflowing or blocked they take a picture and tack on a $75 fee. We had started with a 6yd, but it kept overflowing and was alot cheaper to have a larger container dropped.

call your local haulers and ask them specifics. All in one fee?, price to pull the dumpster? per ton fee? etc.