1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Dunn and Bradsteet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ColePyck, Jul 4, 2005.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Just curious if you guys have a rating and if it is a good idea or not to puruse it, and what are the benefits. thanks

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well from what I hear, Dun & Bradstreet is the Business equivalent of Equifax and to be quite honest, I can do without that kind of reporting because all too often, a mistake happens (either mine, or theirs).
    I stay out of their way and have been told that is a good idea unless you're a Fortune 500 corporation.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to get phone calls from them wanting to update the information in their database.

About 5 years ago now, the county changed all the street numbers in our area to more coincide with GPS so emergency vehicles will be able to locate easier.

Each year I get a call from Dunn & Bradstreet they always have the old street number, and each year I told them, no, the street number has changed.

Last time I told them that since they do NOT actually update the info, that they no longer need to call me. Haven't heard from them since.

I just looked myself up on their website.

My company is J "&" H Outdoor Services, street number of 29901, not 29915. Again, info is still wrong.

http://smallbusiness.dnb.com/compan...ome&GUID=131C43C1-299E-4F88-A307-0D26CBCFDF50

4. MowinGuy

MowinGuy LawnSite Member

If you sign up with Dun & Bradstreet be prepared to get lots of telemarketing calls and all kinds of junk mail. I think they sell your info to other companies.