• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Dust protection for your eyes?

Countrymow

LawnSite Member
I have done some searching and not found what I was looking for. After a day of mowing some dusty places, my eyes feel like they have sand in them. (which they probably do) My safety/sunglasses obviously are not helping much. I try to discharge with the wind when I can, but that is not always possible. What, if anything, do you guys use or suggest to help this problem? I have considering motorcycle type glasses that have a seal around them, but I am not sure about fogging, etc. when really sweating. Suggestions please.

NittanyLawncare

LawnSite Member
I don't know if I'll answer the question correctly, but I would say use the clear type lab goggles. Their the best thing I can think of, but like all glasses or googles, their going to vent to prevent fogging, plus you'll look a little goofey. I know panama jack makes some round glasses that have the leather covers over the sides, they might work. I don't know...

puppypaws

LawnSite Fanatic
I have done some searching and not found what I was looking for. After a day of mowing some dusty places, my eyes feel like they have sand in them. (which they probably do) My safety/sunglasses obviously are not helping much. I try to discharge with the wind when I can, but that is not always possible. What, if anything, do you guys use or suggest to help this problem? I have considering motorcycle type glasses that have a seal around them, but I am not sure about fogging, etc. when really sweating. Suggestions please.
I use some called Goggle Gear that have a foam seal around them. They seal the dust out very well and I have no problem with fogging. I am looking at a new pair in the pack as I type, the company name is Aearo Company and the customer service number is 800-225-9038. I hope this helps.

I did a search for Aearo Company and you want believe what they do have, I am using the Goggle Gear 16615-00000. Check it out, everbody needs to look at this.

puppypaws

LawnSite Fanatic
I saw this site, the troops use them and there is a safety glass goggle that can repel a bb from a shotgun blast 35 feet away. www.essgoggles.com
Thanks puppypaws, I'll check out your site as well.
I see what you are talking about, I would say they are high dollar. These I am talking about are built like glasses instead of goggles, very light weight and foam sealed. You can afford to keep several pairs of these like I do. They are so light weight you can hardly feel them.

puppypaws

LawnSite Fanatic
Yep, the first one on the page is exactly like the ones I use except mine have regular glass ear pieces instead of the strap. The strap may be better, I used mine this afternoon in a very dusty area and when I turned around the sun was where I could see all the old fine grass floating in the air. I had on the sealed glasses and a good mask and when I finished there was nothing in my eyes at all. If I had been using regular wrap around safety glasses my eyes would have been full of junk, they don't fog either.