E10 bobcat mini ex

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bleed Green, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a small landscaper and deal mostly with small front of houses re-dos and stuff of that nature. Over the last year and a half, I've done most of my tearouts by hand with axes and spades during that time. I rented an excavator (Deere 35G) one time for some large yews i had to remove and it made things much easier. Does anyone have any experience with the bobcat e10 mini and if so would it be powerful enough and big enough (adequate) for ripping out landscape bushes? Thoughts? I'm trying to get something that will do the job, but that I can easily haul in my 12' dump trailer with my Ram 1500 pickup.

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

If you buy it , you will wish you bought bigger . Thats a small machine , as you grow your jobs will get bigger , as will your needs .

Bleed Green likes this.
  3. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for the reply. I'm going to keep looking and try to figure out what will work best for me.

4. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

That’s too small.

If you’re doing landscaping get a skid steer or mini skid before you get and excavator.

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I've had really good luck running a stump grinder for jobs like this. Cut everything off at the stump then grind the whole bed, roots and all. This gives you a great start to the new bed and new plants. Much cheaper and less work than the appropriate sized mini-x.

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I can tear out yews and mugos with a Kubota b21
    E10 has more nuts than that so definitely

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I really like the landscape TLB
    Definitely a good choice for a start up

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we have a cat 300.9 you'd be surprised what it can do. its great for resi landscapes