1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagle Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by EagleLandscape, Mar 22, 2008.

1. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

You guys dont lay the giant rolls for an application like this?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

I don't even know if I can call that landscaping, those projects are so mega-huge that we need a new term, megascapes? lol

Just amazing. What fuels the economy in that country? Beautiful stuff.

You could take the cost of just a few of those and buy my entire city!

3. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Possible on this field, but there are so many parkways, and smaller areas around the pool/parking spaces/sidewalks, etc... that we just knock it out on pallets. I'm better my guys had this entire field laid in one day. We use the mini-rolls (18" x 72"), and the soil on the sod is slightly sandy so it throws out pretty quick. This turf is 'Celebration' Bermuda. We have found a place down in Palacios, TX, where it is easier for me to buy direct from the farm & hire a trucking company to run it up here, than buy it from any wholesale place up here. We used about 300 pallets on a job we just wrapped up last fall, and have about 500 pallets for the parks at this development over the next few months. Since these are pretty large sod jobs, we are going to purchase a mechanical sod roller next week. Typically we have just hand pulled our sod roller drums, but with these having quite large areas, its a no-brainer to buy a machine that could roll all of this in a day or two.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  4. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

To answer your question regarding what fuels the economy... Long story short its the affordable cost of housing in Texas that drives the great employment rate and fuels the economy. State Farm, Chase, Liberty Mutual, Dell, Toyota, Kubota... these are all companies that in the past few years have relocated their HQ into Texas. Mostly from CA, but all for the sheer fact that their employees can get more housing for their buck. Texas has no state income tax, but there is a franchise tax on businesses which legislators are slowly getting rid of (a very good thing), so the cost of living and doing business in Texas is alot lower than other parts of the county. We have nearly every major industry here in Texas, with the exception of a few I'm sure.

All in all, the government here is very people & business friendly, and home prices have soared 9% within the past 10 months here. Most houses that are listed on the market are sold within the first few days as there is currently a greater demand for housing than there is a supply.

Its a very good time to be in the construction industry here. Years ago, we were 1 out of 25 bidders or so for projects. Now, most of the work we do is with existing clients that we are the sole bidder, but we received a call yesterday on a $1,000,000 job where the GC couldnt find anyone available to install it. Unfortunately, we turned it down as well because we don't have the time to take on anymore stuff with new clients until 18 months from now.

5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

Hats off to you sir for building such an incredible company-even in an economy such as that it still takes someone with your vision and caliber to make it all work.

6. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

Groomer, thank you for the kind words, but its not me. Our success is due to our team that tirelessly puts in hours upon hours of hard work and ensures a quality end product. I'm just the guy that sells the work and watches our team work their magic. They are the ones with the true caliber of performance. I have the easy job:)

7. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

Wife & I celebrated our 1 year anniversary today, so I decided to go out & buy myself a present to celebrate. Here's a snapshot of the newest addition to our fleet: a fully loaded 2016 Kubota SVL95-2SHC. This thing is incredible.

12697419_10107702960851584_7273516333623765867_o.jpg

8. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Now thats a great way to celebrate!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. davisons4seasons

davisons4seasons LawnSite Member

Awesome work! Love watching how far your company has come. Did you start working 'on' your business after a grow conference or were you already heading that way? I plan on going to 2017's conference.

10. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

Thanks for the kind words. I attended a GROW conference back in 2011 i believe, but I stopped working "in the field" around 2008 or so. I had been out of the field for a while, but definitely picked up a lot of solid information from the GROW conference w/ Marty.