1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagle Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by EagleLandscape, Mar 22, 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Started construction on a new building today at our office. Our plan is to construct a 2,400SF shop, with (3) vehicular service bays. Outside, on the end of the building, we will have another 1,500SF or so of covered area to store skidsteers, forklifts, etc out of the sun if need be.

In the past, we have been running out of (2) Conex shipping containers, and it's been quite the beating. We will relocate these containers to the end of the building to provide additional storage, and serve as the secondary wall to the newly covered area.

Today we ripped up the existing 5" of concrete parking lot in the area of our shop where the building foundation will go. Got a chance to run our new Kubota SVL95 today. This machine is unbelievably powerful.

2016-02-16 07.13.25.jpg

2016-02-16 10.03.58.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I wish I could say something to make you triple or at least double the size of that shop you plan to build. 2,400 is a start I guess.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice new Kubota John how did you switch and go build go on the 650

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on the kubota and shop. How much are you doing in house?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

Picasso,

We have to keep very little indoors with our mild winters. All trucks are parked outside, so this is just for vehicle & equipment maintenance and storage of some hand tools.

6. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

Switch & go build went great. Pretty good setup. Definitely my favorite.

Alldayjr, we did around $5.5MM last year. Projecting $8MM for 2016. Already have $5MM under contract to be completed by mid-summer, so another $3,000,000 shouldn't be hard to get by the end of the year.

7. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Thats awesome but i meant of the construcion of the shop lol. Sorry
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I need to move to Texas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Right, The only thing that I store outside is my trailer and truck.

10. OP
    OP
    EagleLandscape

We removed the existing parking lot concrete where the building will go & graded, built, and compacted the pad where the slab will go. I'm having a crew for a hardscape company we work alongside with a lot, come form, steel, and pour the foundation this weekend. We don't have the equipment necessary to pour a slab that big, and the risk to do it ourselves does not outweigh the small cost of having this other crew come in on the weekend and do it on the side. Once the building gets built, trimmed out with electrical, my projected cost is around $50,000. If I can keep it under that number, I'll be happy.
    Posted via Mobile Device