Early snow messing with leaves

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by sven1277, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Red oak leaves are scattered on my backyard after snowfall. They had been hanging tough otherwise

Tara Ann, JLSLLC and hort101 like this.
  2. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like for about the 3rd time in 35 years I'll be pulling my trailer around sucking up leaves with my mower while the plow is on the front. Just hope it gets warm enough so they're not all frozen to the ground. truck.jpg

3. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

2 weeks ago here south east michigan by lake st clair 80% of leaf in trees , 5 days later after rain days then lots of wind 80% of leaf on ground . started into leafs clean ups for one day and then rain or snow started on a regular basis making it hit or miss since with only being able to get say 3 full days and the rest iffy to nothing . just partially drove our accounts today in the **** misty rain :cry: and saw bout 15 in big messes with streets at curbs loaded with maple leaf because near every home on our route has a 60 year old silver maple between street and sidewalk . weve bout 30 substancial leaf clean ups to do so hopefully we get dry weather til december . fall got here early now so has winter

4. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

You haven't truly lived until you've plowed with a full leaf box towering in the back.

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Maybe your leaves are messing with a good snow season?

Also I think your chocolate is in my peanut butter

Tara Ann likes this.
  6. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

I unhook my plow after the work is done. Is it that difficult to remove the plow?

FromUndaChz and hort101 like this.
  7. UpNorthMowing

UpNorthMowing LawnSite Fanatic
    from Ontario

You can't plow the leaves off the lawn without the plow :laugh:

We leave our plows on for the whole plowing season, no need to take them off after every event. Only take them off if a truck needs service.

8. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

That's crazy. It takes me literally about one minute to disconnect the plow. It's about as fast hooking it up.

9. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

yesterday got 8 clean ups in . wake up this morning 2'' snow on ground overnite :cry:

Tara Ann and hort101 like this.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Holy carp...only the 3rd time in 35 years?

Pretty sure I would be the reverse, only 3 times we've finished cleanups WITHOUT plows on trucks.