Early snow messing with leaves

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by sven1277, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

If you have more than 1 or 2 trucks, it gets to be a waste of time hooking and unhooking plows all the time.

2. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

I can see it if you have more than one truck. I use the truck for everything so I take it off.

hort101 and Tara Ann like this.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Also makes a difference where you are located. If you get snow on a fairly regular basis, it isn't worth it either.

4. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

Everyone by me is in the same boat. Clients are ragging them out over cleanups with 4-8 inches of dense wet snow covering the grounds. No one can catch a break.

You people are the backbone of this industry-don't let the client get to you. They seem to rag on all of us first without considering the issue fully.

You know your work will be done one way or another (or this season or the next). These pages are here to vent and then climb back into the truck.

Best wishes to all and have a great Thanksgiving!

5. LawnGuy35

LawnGuy35 LawnSite Member

Yesterday's forecast called for 6-8 inches of snow today. Would've meant the end of the season for me with 12 large fall cleanups still to get done. Wasn't happy. Thankfully I woke up and the storm shifted to the south a bit and we only got a dusting while just 20 miles south of here they ended up with nearly 10 inches!! So it's looking like I'll be able to get everyone finished this week after all.

6. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Patiently waited for snow to melt for 12 days and that was finally yesterday. Then it snowed another couple inches last night. Customers doing themselves, customers wanting to wait till spring.:hammerhead:

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  7. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Senior Member

Feel your pain buddy! We worked Sunday after waiting on snow melt. Couldn't work yesterday due to rainy ALL day. Worked today. Getting 4-8" now which will set us back.

Plus, one my guys called in today which screwed up the days schedule.

One thing after another. Goofy season. I mean we had friggin snow the last day of April this year so our Spring clean ups were basically non existent. Just a tough, goofy season.

8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here.

I mean, it's not unusual to get snow here before Thanksgiving, but it's unusual for it to remain cold enough for the ground to be covered for almost a week and then after it melts, more snow and cold arrives and does the same thing again.

We were supposed to get no more than a dusting yesterday - we got 3" inches. There's a lot of leaves under that snow.

To add to that, I start a part time (almost full time hrs), winter job on Thursday and I'll have even less time to work with to get anything done.

9. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

no leaf cleanup here in SW ohio currently....
    dusting of snow, cold, could be January, but it ain't!
    DSCF4498 (2).JPG

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Got another inch of snow last night.

I can't even find the dog poop to scoop in my yard, let alone leaves.

hort101 likes this.