1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Eb480 and Eb500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by splatz100, Nov 27, 2004.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

What exactly is the difference in these two? At my dealer they are the same price and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

Thanks

2. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

I'll assume we are talking Shindaiwa here.. All I know is, our distributor doesn't even really stock the 480. The 500 is the same price, and has better performance. I believe the 480 is geared more towards the California market.. EPA something or other..

The EB500 outperforms the EB480 up to 10 percent. This is possible because it is "power-tuned" with an upgraded muffler, and all new "performance impeller" which is lighter and produces superior blowing power through increased rpm.

3. splatz100

ok thats new because my dealer has both in Louisiana, so the EB480 is pretty much discontinued?

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Spend the xtra and go with the 630.

5. splatz100

thats what i was thinking, but if i go that way i would also be looking at the Redmax 7001. plus this is just for yard maintenance, not many leaf cleanups will be done.

6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the 480 and 500 and can tell no difference in performance. I have had the 480 for 6 yrs now. Both are decent blowers and the only trouble I have had is the throttle cables. I purchased a 630 this year and there is a huge difference in performance.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I agree with Turf Docter. Get the eb630 instead. I've got 2 of them. You won't be dissapointed.

8. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

ditto. Great all around. Spring, Summer, Fall clean-ups. Its light weight as well. I used mine for a whole season and just added gas and cleaned the air filter 2x. List price at my dealer was 499 I talked him down to 459.

9. splatz100

it sounds like everyone wants me to get the 630, how does that compare to the Redmax 7001. I get the 630 for $469 in Louisiana.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think the 630 is about the same as the Redmax 7001 when it comes to power. I have heard very good things about both. If it was me i'd get the 630.