Echo 770 vs Husqvarna 580

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by arl250, Oct 13, 2017.

1. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

So I'm kinda in need of a new blower. Currently have a echo 770 and a older stihl 600 but the Stihl backing plate is getting really brittle where the straps go and the straps themselves are slap wore out. I'm just waiting to see it fall off the trailer one day because the plastic is so brittle but anyway. I'm in no way brand loyal but I do own quite a bit of echo stuff because I have a great dealer. So my question is do I stay loyal to that dealer and pick up another echo or go for something bigger and better and buy the Husqvarna. I will say we used to run the 323 trimmers and they were great (I've been tempted to try the 525 but haven't yet) anyway I do like Husqvarna stuff and have had great luck with it but have kinda switched to echo just because I like this dealer so good. Which I've had great luck with echo as well. By the way the Husqvarna dealer in town is good too but he's more of a hardware store instead of a landscape supply store so I'm just not in and out of there quite as much

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

3. arl250

I plan to try out the 580 next week at gie but you can't really tell what it will be like in the real world by just pulling the trigger and trying it on.

4. arl250

Another thing I have been waiting on is I keep hearing the rumors of echo coming out with a bigger blower but it never happens. I've been waiting for two years. But my dealer says he hasn't heard of one yet.

hort101 likes this.
  5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

580 more powerful than 770. 770 definitely due for an upgrade. I first ran them early 2000's.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's pretty amazing since it didn't come out until 2010.

weeze and arl250 like this.
  7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I talked to an Echo rep at the open house here this past year. He admitted they have one in the works, but it is hard to make it pass epa regs, especially for kali.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    hort101 likes this.
  8. arl250

How about comfort? Is it as comfortable as the 770 after wearing for hours?

9. Turf Tracer

Echo got nothing new coming this fall.

I ran them at least 8 seasons ago. We been through Shin 8510's 8520's and RM8500's since and now into mostly 580's

Guys keep buying them here. Most guys just go to dealer ask for the biggest Echo or Stihl and call it a day.

770 Real Cheap here also.

10. Turf Tracer

580 very comfortable. Heavy but well balanced and very little vibration. Hated that about 8500's