1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo 770T got the BWAAaass...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by R Q, Nov 29, 2018.

1. R Q

R Q LawnSite Member

770t a few years old. I think my NON-Ethanol supplier put in a tank of non-non ethanol!
    Anyway this blower has been going downhill and I would replace a fuel filter and it would come back to life. Finally it got a bad case of the BWWAAAaaasss... and will not keep running. So I rebuilt carb and replaced all fuel lines, filter, plug, air filter, checked tank vent and put it back together. Still BWWAAaaa. So I put on a NEW ECHO factory replacement carb and it still will not keep running and does the exact same thing as before. Oh I also took off the muffler, removed screen, and cleaned exhaust port.
    What else could be wrong?
    Thank you

hort101 likes this.
  2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Maybe carb is out of adjustment
    ground or switch loose
    plug wire or coil

3. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

When you say it will not keep running, does it immediately restart after stalling? Can you feather the throttle to keep it running? If not, have you checked for spark and fuel when this occurs?

hort101 and sjessen like this.
  4. R Q

R Q LawnSite Member

Throttle makes no difference and I can choke it to keep it running for a few moments but it still dies. It will start back up but won’t run as long as the first time and dies quickly.

5. Walker56

I would start looking at a leaking carb gasket/isolator. If that checks out, next would be leaks at the cylinder to block, cylinder halves or crankcase seals as they could be leaking.

6. Walker56

7. bvillefarm

bvillefarm LawnSite Member
    Male, from Batesville,IN

001.jpg Check to see if # 19 is in your rubber intake bellow. If not, it could have caused the bellow to become deformed restricting pulse pressure to the carb. Part number is V351000020.

R Q, hort101, TrainingWheels and 3 others like this.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting....what is 19? Is 20 a flexible tube to isolate carb?

hort101 and Walker56 like this.
  9. bvillefarm

bvillefarm LawnSite Member
    Male, from Batesville,IN

19 is just called a collar. It is a little white tube that keeps the pulse channel from collapsing. 20 is a flexible carb isolator. Echo had a service bulletin on this issue back in 2015.

R Q, hort101, Walker56 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Walker56

@bvillefarm, Thank you for posting this. Is there any way to post a copy of the service bulletin.

hort101 and sjessen like this.