Echo 8010 Blower Harness coming apart

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ed2hess, Dec 2, 2019.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Apparently the stitching coming apart:angry: This unit has been in heavy use in out of cage since March. The crews wired it together and ran it until the plug died.

KIMG1925.JPG

KIMG1926.JPG

KIMG1927.JPG

2. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

The one I bought at the beginning of leaf season 2018 right side stitching had completely come apart by the middle of the season. I tied it together to hold. I had ordered a replacement strap for this season a month ago and it arrived yesterday. It was backordered. I am expecting the one on my new one to fail as well. Seems a lot of people are ordering them I'd guess for the same reason.

3. OP
    OP
    ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

are they covering under warranty?

4. kemco

I didn't even try it. Long story short the only shop here in town last year that had this blower is one that I swore I would never ever buy from again. But in the past things like this I have been told that normal wear and year not covered. Had an issue with a handle on a trimmer once, nope handles get wear and year so I was told. Just easier for me to place a $30 order than spend at least an hour of travel time going to an echo dealer. Got mine from RCPW dot com. I've ordered quite a few things from them.

hort101 likes this.
  5. JeremyKuhn

JeremyKuhn LawnSite Senior Member

Same problem with both of mine, other than the strap stitching I haven't had any issues though.

hort101 likes this.
  6. kemco

It is still a beast. Makes my brand new 8550 rm look like a child's toy. Not knocking rm I have a lot of them. But for leaves, especially wet, I will deal with bad straps.

tobylou8, Bumpmaster and hort101 like this.
  7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

This is true. Also, the Echo 8010 is a relatively new model, so it will take a few years of use to see where improvements need to be made.

Doc8406 and hort101 like this.
  8. MCM1

MCM1 LawnSite Member

I have had problems with the stitches also on many blowers 8010 and others. I use aluminum rivets with backer plates for a permanent fix that is super easy and never comes apart.

hort101 likes this.
  9. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Stitching don’t last forever heavy use. None my RedMax/Husky or Shin have original harness. You can get creative w/zip ties or do above or order new straps.

Some units you got order entire harness assembly. I zip those.

ARN Greencare and hort101 like this.
  10. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Do you have any pics Sounds good?