Echo 8010 issue to watch for...

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
Bought mine new middle of mowing season this year. Stopped starting and turned out the kill wire was grounding out on the heat shield it runs thru. When I got it back I noticed that I hadn't notice how weak it was. It was night and day stronger once fixed. It will run along time when it first gets a small cut in the wire but even tho it starts and runs as the cut gets worse the performance diminishes slowly over time. This change day in and out was so subtle I didn't even notice until they fixed it and as said, it was night and day more powerful.

With all that described my dealer which is awesome said he hadn't had anyone else have an issue with it so we figured it was a 1 time oddity. Towards the beginning of leaf cleanup season issue repeated and the damage was in the same spot. Each time my dealer gave me a brand new 8010 to use while mine was down. This time he had his mechanic open up the notch in the heat shield the wire runs thru. I suspect it will last longer but I think it will resurface again in 2021.

So if you have an 8010 that's not running good, seems weaker than normal, hard to start or wont start, might be something to look for. Doesn't have to be cut all the way thru I don't think either. Just the slightest damage to the wire sheath seems like it can produce issues.

If a thread on this exist then my bad. Felt like sharing my experience in case others are having the same issues but dont recall seeing anything on this. Also didn't feel like looking to hard either...;)

OP
A

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
Dunno, my stihl dealer said stihls isn't what they used to be and wishes he could get echo back. When I was talking to him about blowers he told me get an echo....

Not really a thread intended to debate stihl vs echo tho....pretty sure there are plenty of those...

Cross Creek Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Dunno, my stihl dealer said stihls isn't what they used to be and wishes he could get echo back. When I was talking to him about blowers he told me get an echo....

Not really a thread intended to debate stihl vs echo tho....pretty sure there are plenty of those...
No debate was Intended. Just pointing out the fact that the BR800 seems to be much more reliable. That PB9010 should be great though!

OP
A

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
New machine means another year of bugs to be worked out. Performance jump from 9010 to 8010 isn't anything special. Seems more like a marketing strategy than anything. Once these little bugs are ironed out the 8010 is a solid blower.

Skol

LawnSite Senior Member
Not the biggest fan of Stihl blowers.... The best blower I've had/have is the Husky 580. I've had the oldest one for close to 5 years now, and not a single issue. We have 100+ accounts as well, so it's had a ton of hours put on it.

I am intrigued by the Echo 9010 coming out though.

OP
A

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
Darn, was hoping a bunch of people would come on and have aha moments. Guess it's just mine...

Didn't think 4 newton's would be alot. I'll demo one when my dealer gets them.