Echo 8010 issue to watch for...

OP
A

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
Went in the shop February 27th. Its now March 25th. I called about a week ago and there was no updates. Called again today and they just finished putting a new coil on. He said "it ran for 10 minutes and worked as far as his tech is concerned but ill be the test." Keep telling myself $600 isn't worth getting mad over.

Oklawnhoma Lawn Service

LawnSite Senior Member
I've heard *hit like this happening with pb8010s waaay too many times (also the flex tube links up all the time) which is why the only echo backpack blower I would buy again is the pb770, which I've had before. In fact, I kind of miss the pb770 for some reason.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
I'm still really glad I simply went w/ a Husky 580 Mark II. Not the biggest or baddest...it's just PROVEN.

OP
A

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
So, I was going to wait to pick it up but I decided to file a claim directly with echo. Went to get it so I could give them serial number and such. Dealer asked why I wanted that info so I told him what I was going to do. Also said as it stands I intend to let them deal with the warranty until it expires then liquidate and switch to other brands. His words to me were I better watch what I say or ill never get anything warrantied again. Needless to say I made my last purchase at any of his stores. Almost got a murayama spray skid from him but got it from Gregson clarke instead...thankful I did. Ready to never set foot there again. At this point I figure I probably am stuck with what I got. I don't want to sell it to anyone because I don't feel right pawning it off on someone and causing them issues. If I use it and it breaks I don't see him doing any warranty work at this point. Guess I'll use it till it fails again and throw it away. Guess I could probably move it for $250 and be honest about the issues and call it a handy man special. Not even a year old, lol.

Here is the photos of the warranty work the dealer did that I sent to echo. Notice the photo of the coil the kill wire is hardly even attached. Not really a big thing but still....glad I didn't have them service my hydros on my hydro walk.
20210325_161738.jpg
20210325_161725.jpg
20210325_161713.jpg
20210325_161701.jpg

Last edited:

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
. Dealer asked why I wanted that info so I told him what I was going to do. Also said as it stands I intend to let them deal with the warranty until it expires then liquidate and switch to other brands. His words to me were I better watch what I say or ill never get anything warrantied again
Ok I think it's time to name the dealer and location. Thats total bullshit on his part. Must be living in some dreamworld where hes the only dealer in the state.

OP
A

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
I passed everything on to echo corporate. At this point not much for me to do but move on. Echo may hook me up but I doubt it. Thought about going on Google and blasting his reviews but honestly not worth stirring the pot. I just can't go back because each time I get closer to blowing my top and trying really hard not to be like that. Stress and blood pressure issues aren't worth it. I'm simmering down but man when he said that it fired me up. I bought a 21 exmark commercial, an 8010, 2620 trimmer, 2620 blower and started buying my filters and parts even tho I could get them cheaper online or down the road, all in an attempt to support local, especially since he was new in the area and covid hit right when he branched into my city.

OP
A

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
That issue maybe resolved, hasn't ran long enough to know if what they did will hold up. This time pretty sure the coil was bad. They put a new coil on it.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
9010 is the pinnacle of backpackblowerness right now. Pretty much perfect. Whatever bugs were on 8010 probably worked out also. No issues but its early

Havent had any issues w/my 810/8010's either except they wuz near impossible to start when temps went near 90 ° . Dealer worked some carb Hocus Pocus and they run perfect now