1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

echo back pack blower problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by straightlinelawns, Oct 18, 2004.

1. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

i have a eb400e, you know the old orange one that is super loud and super heavy. it has been a great blower, i used it for a couple of years, but it hasn't ran well this season. it surges really bad, hard to crank, smokes and won't rev up very high. does anyone know what i can do to fix it, or do you think i should hang it on the wall as a trophy and buy a brand new one. I guess what i'm asking is, if its something easy and cheap to fix, i'll do it, but if it needs major work, i'll buy a new one.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'd probably go ahead with buying something newer, lighter and more powerfull.
    Then fix the eb400e over the winter for a backup, if it's nothing major.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Probably the diaphragm in the carb. A cheap fix to do it yourself, or get a new carb for around 25-40.00..

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Does it run really bogged down then rev up for a second then bog again? We had a different model Echo that did that and never could figure it out ourselves. Sent it in to the mechanic and didn't see it for over a year so ended up purchasing another one and by the time I left they still hadn't gotten the other one back yet. Let me know what it turnsout to be because I'm curious.