1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Echo BackPack recall!!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by phillie, Feb 27, 2012.

1. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

Echo has voluntarily issued a recall for its gas powered backpacks. Recalled models are PB-265L with serial numbers P093121 35519 through P093121 50152, and model PB-265L with serial numbers P078110 20732 through P078110 22309.. These backpacks are a fire hazard due to a damaged fuel line between the carb and the gas tank that was damaged during assembly. If there is another thread started my bad, I didnt see it.

2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey thanks, and I just want to make sure mine is ok it's serial number P09312121535 it's fine right ?

3. phillie

Ya I think so. The news said something about being bought between August and November at Home depot and Echo

4. LawnMan19

Thanks I thought it was ok, but wanted to make sure I read it right.Because when I registered it, I signed up to get all the emails and didn't get one so I was going to be real mad if it was, but it doesn't look like it was.

Thanks again.:)

5. phillie

Ya, no problem.. It would really suck to not know this and strap one on your back thinking it was all good. haha... The best place for a piece of equipment to burst in to flames is probably not on your back.

6. LawnMan19

Yeah, that's why as soon as I saw this I got worried, but I guess I got lucky and got one of the good ones.