1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

ECHO Black Diamond Packaging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Merkava_4, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you supposed to pull the string out the back of the package, or out the front ?

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Out the back from the hole that it is sticking out of when you buy it.

Merkava_4, Grassholes and hort101 like this.
  3. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Bronze Member

That black diamond line cuts like a laser, but wears like it's made from
    Cheez Whiz.

Ridin' Green, hort101 and Grassholes like this.
  4. Grassholes

Grassholes LawnSite Senior Member

totally

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That was my original thought about it too, but I let my spool sit for a month or two and went back to using Gator Magnum ST. I decided to just use up the BD on some crap stuff that was long and out of control, and after letting the BD sit, it got dried out or something because it is lasting almost as well as the Magnum ST now, whether along chain link, doing cracks ion parking lots etc, and it is definitely quieter and takes less power to spin/

GoPappy likes this.
  6. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

The stuff was cutting into my hand as I was winding the spool. I suppose if I had a Speed-Feed head, I wouldn't have to grab onto the razor sharp BD string.

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

I leave mine in a bucket of water and it wears much better than gator magnum twist. I get use one spool a week off my husky head. This is with edging with it. The longer I run it the better it wears. I probably burn up as much adjusting for length after I advance as I actually use trim/edge.

8. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I'll have to give it another shot. My spool has been sitting for a while now because I went back to Echo Crossfire, and I just bought a small spool of Rotary Vortex to try out.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Let me know what you experience now that yours has been sitting. I was quite surprised at how mine has done since I let is sit. Usually it dries out and becomes a lot more brittle. It seems to have helped the BD for some reason.

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

GoPappy likes this.