1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

echo blower pb755 problem...help.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by toronto363, Apr 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. toronto363

toronto363 LawnSite Member

i have 5 of these blowers, they usually are good to me, i bought this one a year and a half ago. It only takes a few minutes after i put a new plug in until it starts to run rough. I take the plug out and its all burnt looking, even the top of the piston looks like it has some burnt white ash. I cant figure this one out, any help would be greatly appreciated. Btw, i have a new air filter, fuel filter and the spark arrestor is out.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Ignition module.

Seeing how you have five I would probably swap this component between two blowers to
    see if the problem transcends, and I realize it's a bit of labor but a new one's like $80!

3. sharkey

sharkey LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Sounds like the engine is running too lean. Are you at all familiar with a barrel carb?

4. toronto363

toronto363 LawnSite Member

i actually tryed putting a new carb on and its still doing the same, i will try the ignition module swap. Thanks for the help, will let you know how it goes.

5. qualitylawnpro

qualitylawnpro LawnSite Senior Member

you ran the wrong gas 87 will do this!