1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Echo Lawn Mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by trimminaway, Nov 17, 2013.

1. trimminaway

trimminaway LawnSite Member

I was looking on Cl tongiht and came across an echo lawn mower. The mower is a 2 cycle 140cc engine and has a different format as compared to other lawnmower. The guy wants 200bucks. I never knew that echo makes lawn mowers and wanted to know what you guys think.

echo 1.jpg

echo.jpg

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think the wheels would hold up, but I could be wrong.

3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

there are some nice toro / Honda mowers for sale at home depot right now. I think theyre reconditioned. saw a $400-$500 mower for $280 yesterday. Just keep in mind these are all residential units.

4. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I remember seeing that in a brochure a long time ago

5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

I recall seeing one example locally not long ago.

It's rebadged and was made by some other company. These mowers bore the initials LM- and a number, which I can't recall. Echo only made the engine, called M14V which was apparently pretty good, as were most 2-strokes at the time.

Ask your dealer if he can get parts for the M14V engine. If not, $200 is a waste of money. I would explain the situation to the seller, offer him $100-$125 and keep the machine for mowing slopes where 4-strokes would starve of oil. Other than that it's probably useless.

6. trimminaway

Yeah, the wheels look pretty shabby, I doubt that they will last long in the back of a pickup

7. trimminaway

I was thinking about using the mower for slopes. I have a lot of farm/ranch jobs where a z turn cant go and where a string trimmer would take all day. I have a commercial 21 but want to keep it clean and dont want it to get beat up by farm and ranch jobs. This is my next option as I dont want to spend the money for another commercial 21.