Echo pas 225: strong enough for commercial work?

2 Cycle

LawnSite Senior Member
I got the echo pas 225 for $100 on clearance at Home Depot and straight shaft trimmer for $14 more. Love it as a trimmer, I mean it is not a beast or anything but it gets the job done. Do any of you know it would do with the straight shaft hedge trimmer for mostly moderate commercial use? Let's say 5-6 hours tops a day of use, not running all day but a good amount. The engine is 21.2 hp. Is this enough or is this pushing it? I have the stihl km130 as well but I like echo hedge trimmers a lot. Thanks in advance

easy-lift guy

LawnSite Gold Member
I got the echo pas 225 for $100 on clearance at Home Depot and straight shaft trimmer for $14 more. Love it as a trimmer, I mean it is not a beast or anything but it gets the job done. Do any of you know it would do with the straight shaft hedge trimmer for mostly moderate commercial use? Let's say 5-6 hours tops a day of use, not running all day but a good amount. The engine is 21.2 hp. Is this enough or is this pushing it? I have the stihl km130 as well but I like echo hedge trimmers a lot. Thanks in advance

The price you paid seems fair. Did you visit Echos web-site and do any research before you made this purchase?. Did you read the part about ideal for residential applications?. You are planning on using this product for commercial use?. I supposed you meant to type 21.2 cc instead of hp. You could not even lift a 21.2 hp engine. Also 21.2 cc is to small of an engine and I suspect you will over work shortly and need to replace. Be smart and purchase professional grade equipment and leave homeowner equipment for amateurs.
easy-lift guy

OP
2 Cycle

2 Cycle

LawnSite Senior Member
Haha my mistake about the cc's, too many budweisers last night when I typed that. My point was it will power the hedge trimmer, but how effectively? I think you are right it will fry that engine for anything other than residential use but wanted to see if anyone had a different take from experience. By the way, any sales on the easy lift harness right now?

easy-lift guy

LawnSite Gold Member
Haha my mistake about the cc's, too many budweisers last night when I typed that. My point was it will power the hedge trimmer, but how effectively? I think you are right it will fry that engine for anything other than residential use but wanted to see if anyone had a different take from experience. By the way, any sales on the easy lift harness right now?

Yes, actually best year for the product and company so far. Thanks for asking.
easy-lift guy

Greg78

LawnSite Silver Member
I agree with easy-lift guy. I see lots of guys around here using the 225 series Echos. I myself won't use anything smaller than the 230 series. I've got a PAS-230 and it handles everything great and is going on 4 years old.

OP
2 Cycle

2 Cycle

LawnSite Senior Member
I hear you, I bought it as a backup trimmer now just looking to see if I can get a bit more functionality out of it. Maybe as a backup/ emergency hedge trimmer but I don't want to fry it

alexschultz1

LawnSite Bronze Member
5 hours a day is a lot for a commercial machine. people on here will always say that you have to have commercial, crapsman wont work! its all relative to how the machine is treated and maintained. I've owned a poulan pro chainsaw for years. it was only $150, yet it outlasted my $400 Husqvarna chainsaw.

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic

How did you get it at that price? Checked them the other day no deals.

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic
Ugh no clearance around me blahhh still $199 just for trimmer lol

Top Forums